Melissa Ramos: Sexy Food TherapistLove, Sex and Food…my favourite topics. So why not start an online column about it?
If you’ve been following this, you’ve probably realized that this isn’t the typical approach to food.
Sexy Food Therapy gives you a sneak peek into my life. With an open, honest and sometimes crass approach, I describe my experiences with my first love - food. It’s always played a pivotal role in my life, even through a painful separation. That’s when I followed a trail of breadcrumbs back to Toronto in search of independence while using food as my therapy. Some of my other unconventional treatment methods include:
· Drinking wine at the Estrogen Den (holy shit Sarah, it’s almost 4am...)
· Watching and being able to recite every Sex in the City line
(“Men aren’t that complicated, they’re kind of like plants”…)
· Dating (what’s his name again?)
· Travelling ( Italy, Croatia , New York , Colorado , Winnipeg …yes, Winnipeg …)
· Attempting to meditate and quiet my mind (damn that breakfast was good this morning) and
· Wanting to pick up and leave it all…again…
· Watching and being able to recite every Sex in the City line
(“Men aren’t that complicated, they’re kind of like plants”…)
· Dating (what’s his name again?)
· Travelling ( Italy, Croatia , New York , Colorado , Winnipeg …yes, Winnipeg …)
· Attempting to meditate and quiet my mind (damn that breakfast was good this morning) and
· Wanting to pick up and leave it all…again…
…but I stayed (for now).
It was then that I decided to use my knowledge of Nutrition and Chinese Medicine to help me through tough times, and use food to keep me grounded. That’s when I began to blog about it so I could share how to emotionally eat - the right way. I believe that when you learn how to love food (the right foods), you begin to love yourself. When you recognize the sexiness of food, you begin to see it in yourself. It’s only through that, that you see the importance of building a relationship with food and understand that you’re more connected than you thought.
Love, Sex and Food - certainly worth writing about.
Melissa Ramos is an Integrated Health Practitioner with skills & certifications ranging from:
· Holistic Nutrition & Chinese Nutrition Therapy
· Acupuncture & Tui Na bodywork (Chinese Medical Massage)
· Personal Chef & Cooking Class Instructor
· Freelance Writer for online and print media
· Holistic Nutrition & Chinese Nutrition Therapy
· Acupuncture & Tui Na bodywork (Chinese Medical Massage)
· Personal Chef & Cooking Class Instructor
· Freelance Writer for online and print media




