Please see attached a very bad photo of me for reference. It was laundry day, so all that was available to me were my yellow tights and this vintage green jacket (although, I will admit, green is my favourite colour). I had to cut off my face in this photo because it would reveal disappointment. The straw certainly did break this Elf's back and looking back on it now, I'm actually kind of grateful for it.I know, I should have known better, but you'd be lying if you said you never went against your best judgement just to have it blow up in your face. After being promised and hyped up about a whole day's events including one very romantic evening, I was sorely disappointed when last minute Biscotti reneged. Surprise, surprise.
However this time, things were different...
I was done with the back and forth, the broken promises and being convinced that I wasn't justified to feel hurt or sad. No more...
Somehow I woke up this morning, went about my morning routine feeling okay about it all and by the time 11am rolled around, I was getting hungry again. Looking in my fridge, I noticed the last bit that would remind me of him...his very sexy, Pureed Pear and Parsnip Soup which I devoured like dessert...yum.
So while I'm not armed with the recipe, I am with information about the main ingredients and hopefully, one day I'll be able to recreate it.
Now while parsnip is a long neglected vegetable in my world, I do know that you have to use your discretion when using it in soups and stews due to its strong, dominating flavour. This albino relative to the carrot, is still worth a go and has a much sweeter and nuttier flavour. It's cooling and removes heat from the liver and bowels and reduces both the Vata (ether) and Pitta (fire) constitutions in Ayurvedic Medicine. Combined with pear, this soup is generally pretty cooling for those fiery constitutions like myself. So to warm it up a little for this cooler time of year, I've taken Biscotti's advice and added cinnamon and roasted pumpkin seeds for a little crunch.
He certainly did get to my heart through my stomach.
So my intention isn't to knock him down (not my style) because Biscotti is a good man. He just might be a little consumed with his own journey that he may lose sight of how his actions affect others. So maybe one day we'll be able to be true friends and put aside our differences.
It's just that the last person I'm willing to set aside right now is myself.
Now onto a little retail therapy...if you haven't noticed, these yellow tights do nothing for my legs.





No comments:
Post a Comment