It's Saturday, and normally I don't post on the weekend, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to write on the day that I leave to Italy. I'm all packed up but sadly had to say good-bye to some of the items in my luggage since I could hardly zip it up.Sorry Hunter boots, and fancy black dress coat, it's nothing personal.
I've even managed to pack some treats so that I don't succumb to the lowest grade of dirty food...airport food...which costs a fortune. So here are the sexy snack items I've packed:
2 Vega Whole Food Optimizer Shake Mix (Vanilla)Which is an amazing blend of vegetarian protein, greens, maca and a vitamin and mineral complex.
3 Chakra bars
A yummy oat bar that has spirulina and raisins in it. Oh ya, and love too.
4 Elevate Me Bars
2 Blueberry Cranberry Gogi Berry Boost and 2 Chocolate Acai Berry Brownie Bars. These bars I found to be the most satiating out of all the bars I've tried and yes, they actually taste good too.
However something just happened and I regret to say that whatever is going around, I think I just might of caught wind of it.
This can't be happening. **sniff**
Maybe it was because I went out for a little farewell dinner with Little Miss Scarlett and indulged a wee bit too much. I do believe that I've shot my immune system point blank with a bottle of wine. So I've decided to pack oregano oil which will either detract the Macho Italianos from approaching me or remind them of their mother's cooking and draw them in. Only time will tell folks but I assure you I am harmed and stinky.
However knowing that over 70% of our immune system is located in our gut, I've brought Bio-K probiotic capsules that don't require refrigeration. Too much oregano oil will kill the good along with the bad, so it's important to reinoculate what's being lost. Lastly, I'm bringing Triphala which is a blend of three different Ayurvedic herbs that help to tonify the bowels and isn't habit forming. If you've ever travelled you'll know exactly why this would come into use. Probably a good idea given all the pasta I'll be having.
[Melissa is ready and waiting as she holds up her knife and fork...**sniff**]
Okay, so now the last thing to do is pack up this laptop and my camera and maybe squeeze in a power nap before I go.
Oh please if there is a God out there, she'll make sure I get better for Roma...





No comments:
Post a Comment