Pulling up a stool at the Holt Renfrew cafe, I reached for my Voss bottle of sparkling water and struggled to open it. Cranking on it and looking constipated while doing it, I forced it until the cap came off and water shot at me like water coming out of a fireman's hose. There surrounded by young girls in their Coach printed rainboots, I was covered in a $5 bottle of sparkling water...without the sparkles. Grumbling and eating my $20 plate of food, I decided I needed some sweet love and indulged in a little chocolate truffle filled with cherry liqueur. Everything would be okay now...Still so much to do before my soft launch of the site, that I was beginning to feel panicked. But I had chocolate and oooh...a very cute Mr.Potential coming my way...helllllo. Looking straight at him, walking in slow-mo like the movies...
[Melissa's hair begins to blow in the wind like Beyonce on stage]
...I raised my eye brow, smiled slightly and bit into my truffle...which then proceeded to explode sticky liqueur all over my hands and top...and not in a sexy way. DAMN IT.
[Slow-mo stops and cute Mr. Potential raises his eyebrow as though to think, weirdo, looks the other way and walks right on by]
**sigh**
Alright, so maybe I'm crazy or maybe my energy is just all over the place. One minute I'm sensitive and tearing up over the World Cup Soccer song and the next I'm doing something that isn't right...facebook snooping. Oh don't shake your finger at me, you've done it too. Honestly, the intention was to simply say hello to Mr.Bling, but then I saw it...party photos with him being upclose and personal with a female accessory. Now I knew this was never going to be anything serious, but somehow, it kind of stung.
Then e-mails came pouring through from my web developer telling me they're having techy issues with the site. Not my problem, make this go away damn it. Okay, I'm freaking and acting a little crazy. My liver Qi must be stuck. Which means, that nothing is flowing, it's impeded and stagnant and frustration and irritability has developed. I needed green food to move out that irritated, stuck little liver qi. So I did what I knew I had to do...I whipped up a Sexy Food Therapy classic, the Sexy Green Connection...
...turned on some Michael Jackson and danced it out.I danced out all my frustrations and sung out loud flapping my arms in the air and shook my head from side to side with no rhyme or reason. I danced out feeling lonely, the embarassing mishaps of the last day...er...week, um okay, my entire life and the photos of Mr. Bling's female bling and said...to hell with it.
I'm a klutz, true. But maybe someday I'll find someone that will think it's rather charming. Yes, I get frustrated, but I have my food and some booty shaking love to get things moving when I feel stuck. And lastly, I realize that my friend was right when he said, we all might feel lonely at times Melissa, but we wouldn't know ourselves without it.
And damn it...he was right.
Goodnight and good morning.





1 comment:
Awesome presentation tonight!
Post a Comment