Monday, January 25, 2010

Uh oh...


Okay, so I think my body is pissed off at me. I can hear my organs yelling at me like an out of tune, broken symphony. Today I barely even got out of bed, didn't bother with makeup and went straight to work. Yes, I know, I look tired. Which really means, you look like shit. Ya, I get it, I know. But then the sneezes came and then a tickle in my throat. My body is trying to make me stop and slow down even if it means making me sneeze three times in a row so hard I almost pull my back out. No, this can't be happening...uh oh.

So I'm on high alert and decided I was going to kick things up a notch and take some garlic pills. Garlic is warming, kills the bad guys and leaves the good (rare with natural antibiotics). So I took them...and a lot of them...I mean WAY beyond the recommended dose. I'm desperate, I'm tired and I'm not thinking straight when I took twelve in a six hour time span...on an empty stomach. I now reek of garlic and not only repel vampires but I'm concerned that Mr. Bling might be able to smell me from Belgium. Is this an example of why I'm still single? All I smell is garlic, I taste it in my mouth and deep within my gums and I tell ya, that I'm sure my pores are screaming in horror as garlic essence squeezes out of them. Plus my trumpet playing toots are criminal and I'm pretty sure if my walls could talk, they'd scream, but for now they contract in disgust that I swear I can hear a whimper coming from them. This is not pleasant folks. I know, too much info, right? But just like you, I'm not perfect, I have unsexy moments and probably have more embarrassing ones that most.

I'm also sipping on a crazy yummy tea blend from Tea Emporium called, Ayurveda Vata Organic which contains: cinnamon, cloves, licorice, ginger, cardamon, juniper berries, dandelion root, coriander seeds, golden seal, parsley and sage. It contains some pretty powerful antioxidant herbs in there and is exactly the kind of warming tea that is perfect for times like these. Plus, it flushes the garlic taste out of my mouth...thank God.
But just a word of advice, if you are sick, don't buy yourself immune compounds. Most of them on the market are meant to prevent, tonify and build the system. But when a cold invades the body, it tonifies and builds the cold. In other words, it gives it muscles, which is why many people stay sick for weeks.

Instead, saturate your body with vitamin C three times daily, lots of warm fluids and sweat that bad boy out. Lots of rest too...um ya...about that.

Just a couple more days and then I can relax and have some much needed quality alone time. I'm planning another hot date with myself of going to the movies, spending hours at the bookstore, sipping on tea somewhere, getting a massage, plus a mani and pedi. Oh ya, I deserve it alright.

It's 1:36am and my eye push ups are getting weaker by the second. So I'm off my sexy readers. Stay tuned, your new Sexy Food Therapy site is almost ready to launch.
As for now, I'm hoping I won't suffocate myself in my own garlic stench. Yes, I'm stinky and I am garlic...now hear me roar...or hold your nose and run for your life before you pass out.
Goodnight and good morning.

No comments: