Jess and I have been friends from the days of advertising. Her bubbly warm personality and ability to put herself in the craziest of predicaments always had me in stitches. She took me in when I left my ex, cut me keys to her apartment and fed me. I am in debt to this woman.
She was single for some time, dating and having a ball of it. But I knew she was always looking for something more...someone more. And really, who isn't? So one day, on a blind date, she met Bailey. From what she tells me (because after 3+ months I still haven't met the guy), he's tall, athletic and successful. I've never seen the girl so rolled over in love. And while she's gone through periods of doubt, I've never seen her happier. Problem is, I also hardly see her and when I do, I'll be lucky if it's for an hour.
One thing is for sure, Jess is a busy girl. Pro soccer player, coaches, works corporate Monday to Friday, works bar on Saturdays. Truth be told, her time is limited. So the free time that is up for grabs, has already been taken. Boyfriends take up first priority, especially those that you see as husband material. But time and time again, I find myself asking, "can the two of us please go out one night?" Granted our schedules are different, but this is becoming ridiculous. So I told her how I felt, all over text on Friday and haven't heard back since. Is it that easy for her to write me off?
I know, I might be feeling a little sucky because the new moon is approaching and my menses is right around the corner, but this really hurts. Not to mention, between the irritability, periods (no pun intended) of self doubt, I am craving food like a mad woman. Today being only a couple days away from the big day preceeding a long 7-day week (oh, my poor poor roomies here at the Estrogen Den), I'm craving strawberries...mmm. And with the way I'm feeling right now, damn it, I deserve it. I've always found these little tiny jewels so sexy...wrapped up in dark chocolate or simply sliced up and eaten with my fingers. Yum.

So I have to admit, I know I'm not the most pleasant person to be around during this time and just like the next girl I crave chocolate. But today is strawberries. Research has actually determined that strawberries have a tranquilizing effect. Not to mention, they help to break down excess toxins in the liver. And our poor, poor liver during that time. Congested and working overtime to break down those estrogens, we feel irritable...well I especially do right now...
So as I sit here with my big shiny bowl of red love feeling sorry for myself, I wonder if I'll ever get my friend back. It's been 3 days of zero communication which is weird when since we speak about 2-3 times per day. Both of us being equally as stubborn, this might just go on for some time...





No comments:
Post a Comment