As a social anthropologist, I focus my attention on the Family & Relationships section of my homepage, the Globe and Mail. So when I came across the article, "Educated Women More Likely to Wait to Have Kids: StatsCan", I was intrigued.It's been a while since I wrote about this subject and this article certainly brought in a fresh dose of perspective. According to StatsCan, women with University degrees are more likely to wait until their 30's and 40's to have a little one. Have our priorities in life changed and are we becoming driven away?
I get it, this might be rubbing you the wrong way, especially if you have a child, but truthfully, more women are waiting and I'm one of them. Some of us deliberately don't care much for giving birth but are looking for the birth in ourselves first. Others continually focus on their careers and let it simply slip by and leave it up to fate. Some down the road encounter fertility problems when they realize it might just be too late.
A more important question that the study of course didn't mention is if we're we neglecting our health with the long hours that it takes to make it. Is it possible that we're burning out without refueling properly and forgetting about ourselves in the process of forgetting about babies? Here are several Sexy Food Therapy additions that will boost your energy, vitality and youthful glow possibly giving that twenty something year old a run for her money.
SEXY GREENS & BLUE-GREEN ALGAES
I've said this before, but greens are the essence of life. It brings us vitality, courses through our liver meridian, which when stuck, makes us feel irritable. Blue-green algaes includes the family of spirulina and products like E3 Live, an AFA frozen supplement. These algaes don't sound sexy I know, but they are one of the richest source of chlorophyll (the blood of the plant) and research shows that AFA foods like E3 Live help to even combat depression. Lastly, these guys are my antioxidant heroes which I believe, is one of the reasons I get carded from time to time.
SEXY AGUA
Oh I know, it sounds basic, but we're made up of over 70% water. Being dehydrated increases our histamine levels which worsens allergies. Plus dehydration leads to an increase in blood pressure and decreases our resistance to stress. So when it comes to dehydration ask yourself, what's sexier, a grape or a raisin?
SEXY SEAWEED
Other than sushi, many of you likely don't consume much of it because seaweed is a neglected food here in North America. But now, you can find granules in health food stores that you can slyfully sneak into your grains, salads and soups without even tasting it. But if you're so adventurous to try something tasty, check out my Sexy Seaweed Salad. This food helps to curb irritability and fuels our kidneys which is where our life essence is stored according to Chinese Medicine. When in doubt, remember that many of the centarians come from Japan where sea vegetables are rampid!
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
When we eat small portions more often, we give our digestive systems a break. Health begins in the digestive tract, so when that's not functioning properly, everything else suffers. Big meals and overeating leads to fatigue, which leads to more coffee...which means, adrenal burn out.
Whether you have children or not, these tips can certainly apply. However if you're like me, you'll likely be an aunt before a mother. Maybe it's that I simply haven't found the right man for it, or maybe I'm too selfish to share my time. Whatever it is, I'm happy and don't feel like I'm less of woman without them. I'll gladly spend the next nine months inventing more recipes, writing and treating others. Besides, I always liked to play with dolls when I was little and my Barbie had a pink car and seemed happy enough hanging solo with Ken.





No comments:
Post a Comment