...yes, you heard me right. I cheated. I cheated on Roma with Florence and also kind of slipped on the No-Date Detox I was on. I mean I kind of did already when I went out for friendly drinks with someone in Rome - but nothing happened. Well, until Florence.
Before I go on, let me tell you a little bit about Florence. Beautiful narrow streets zig zag through a romantic city which unfortunately is littered with tourists. No joke, even in rain they flock through every street, every piazza and all do the same imitating pose in front of the replica of the statue of David. I know, I'm a tourist too, but it's crazy here. However, I'll admit, I love the leather shops that line the street, the romanticism that the place exudes and how it lights up at night. La Scaletta, my hotel is a basic 3-star accommodation which honestly has the best view of Florence (see my photo above for reference). It's stunning and it certainly has captured my heart like no other.
Upon arrival I quickly went out for a walk and ended up at cozy restaurant Gustavo Osteria owned by Juan Jose Dvorak.
Argentinean born, Juan grew up in Italy at a young age. His restaurant while small boasts friendly service and tasty pasta at reasonable prices (the average meal is under 10 euros). Recommended by my waiter, I ordered the Strozzapreti di Pasta Fresca in salsa di zucchine ecrudo and a glass of Chianti since Florence is known for. Sipping on my wine, my stomach was growling again, which is when I was greeted with complimentary potato dumplings...I think they heard me. They were delicious.
Soon after when I thought I was done, I got served another glass of Chianti...on the house. It wasn't long after that the waiter came over to write down places I should visit that are happening in the city. I couldn't believe how friendly everyone was.
Feeling full of pasta and a little vino rosso, I made my way back to the hotel where I would sit with my laptop and partake in my other passion - writing.
Sitting intensely with my laptop, I spotted an attractive male with salt and pepper hair across from me on his laptop who every so often, would look over and smile.
How's your connection like? He asked.
Fine.
Oh, because mine is a little slow.
Oh...I have no idea, I'm good.
What's your name?
Melissa.
After further discussion, I learned that he was in town from Belgium for business which included being a part of the watch and diamond industry. It was then, that this gentleman was given the name, Mr. Bling who happened to be staying in the room next to mine. So just before I was about to leave, Mr. Bling offered to take me out for drinks later that evening.
That evening, we walked into a very upscale restaurant in the heart of Florence. Conversation flowed as did the wine and we laughed until the wee hours. Walking back and taking in the city, we entered into the hotel's ridiculously small freight elevator, where Mr. Bling leaned in and kissed me.
I shouldn't be doing this, I'm on a detox. I thought. Awe, what the heck, I have nothing tying me down, so why not?
[The elevator stops on the 3rd floor but the kissing continues]
...and it was hot.
Kissing passionately and stumbling out of the elevator, Mr. Bling and I were now at the foot of our doors where he held my small frame tight. Stopping, I knew this could end in two different ways and it was up to me to choose.
Would you like to come in?
Looking up at this beautiful 6'2" man, I held is face, propped up on my tippy toes, kissed his nose and said, I'm sorry, I can't. I'll feel empty when I know I'll never see you again.
But you will, you could come to Belgium.
Although an exciting thought, I knew how unlikely it was.
Smiling at him, I thanked him for the evening, said my goodnight and went in my room...by myself.
I came to Italy for myself, to clear my head and not to complicate things. I had set an intention and a promise to myself to do this on my own.
So I could cheat on Roma, maybe even cheat a little on my No-Date Detox, but I certainly couldn't cheat on myself.
I was on my own and lovin' it.





7 comments:
Hey Mel, Sounds like you having fun in Florence! I'm missing you guys already.... Loving your blog, you rock x
Thanks Katrina! Having a wonderful time and so thankful that I met you in Casperia. You were an incredible yoga teacher and one heck of a powerful woman. Thank you a million times over...
yeh mel glad you are enjoying florence! x ex-corporate girl
How romantic! That was an awesome entry beautiful, your blog is awesome. Meanwhile you still haven't answered my question: Eggs? Boiled? Scrambled? Croissant? I miss you and Casperia x
Oh my God...I miss ALL of you so much...seriously makes me well up with tears. As for my eggs? Scrambled...definitely scrambled!
Hi there Melissa,
So, when do you come over to Brussels?
Mr.Bling
Hopefully soon...hopefully soon...
Post a Comment