6am: Maybe I can snooze for a bit. No, get up...you set it for 6am for a reason.6:15: Alright, so you got what you wanted an extra 15 minutes which felt like 15 seconds more of sleep. Get up.
[Melissa swings her left foot out of bed followed by her right...]
Mother f-- (and no, I did not say Mother Fudge, or Mother Fiddlesticks. I said it loud and said it proud...well, more like in pain)
There, stepping on a bobby pin that I must have flung on the floor the night before, I yelp as I imagined how this must have been how the elephant felt when he got a large nail lodged into his foot. My day was certainly starting off on with the wrong foot...er...sore foot. It feels much too early to feel...
...disconnected.
Making my way cock-eyed to the kitchen to prep my Sexy Superfood Tropical Green Shake for later today, I woke up as my blender decided to puke my green slurpie all over me. Somehow, I feel like the Incredible Hulk and slimed all at the same time.
Disconnected.
Okay, SERIOUSLY...this can't get any worse.
But after an argument with my mother (disconnected), the computer freezing and losing my work (disconnected) and having continual problems trying to find a good web designer (disconnected), I had had it. I couldn't concentrate which made everything take that much longer (disconnected, dishponnected, diponnetted). So armed with my green slurpie (which I managed to salvage), I was off to escape Cookie Cutterville and make my way to the city.
Driving, I began to take deep breaths. Calm down Melissa. I reached for my mason jar filled with my green slurpie and began to sip it to cool and calm my frustrated liver.
[Melissa looks over to the car on her left at the stop lights and receives a weird stare which she can only assume is a result of the green mustache on her face. Melissa smiles.]
Giggling to myself at what a healthy freak of nature I must be, I turn up the radio to hear Taylor Swift blaring and begins to bop her head (please note, I hate Taylor Swift...sorry Taylor, no offence). Somehow, I wasn't going to fight this day anymore. I would just ride it out and make fun of what I could until I get into the city and meet up with Biscotti for a treatment. After, I'll have a half hour window to get myself to spin class. I can do it...
Biscotti Gets Acupuncture
This is his second session of getting pinned down...acupuncture that is. Melting into his yoga mat, he begins to ground and releases the day away. I disconnect from myself, channel energies and give him everything I got.
6:40pm - I'll never make it to spin on time. Shit. Maybe I could convince him to give me a workout...spin me, throw me, pin me...Melissa, get a grip already and get your mind back on track.
Disconnected.
I decide that instead of rushing out the door, that I'd sit, listen and properly end the treatment as I should. I could run later or maybe catch a yoga class up the street. Somehow, just by sitting silently with my hand floating above his body and along the energy that rose from the needles, I was starting to feel better.
Kissing his forehead and saying my goodbyes, I make my way over to yoga at Energia Athletics on the Danforth taught by my beautiful friend, Elke Schroeder. Sweat trickles down the nape of my neck along the midline of my chest and my arms shake as we transition into one position after the other. I try to focus and slip into her guidance but disconnected fragments of the day, ideas and memories collide into one another like bumper cars and nothing is making sense. I'm frustrated with myself but all I can say to myself is let go.
We're in shavasna, I melt into the mat and slip into a state where it's all quiet for the first time in my day. My mind, body and spirit are finally aligned because finally I've gained awareness that I didn't have earlier today.
I slip...slip...slip...
[Elke chimes the bell to awaken us but Melissa elegantly wakes herself with a snore]
Snooze button? 15 more minutes? Biscotti? Disconnected?
None of the above.
In a daze? Yes.
Reconnected? Finally.
Peace, love and green slurpies.





No comments:
Post a Comment