[Melissa slowly takes several steps away from her laptop]
...I forced myself to give a shit...about me.
As a practitioner and with the inherent nurturing nature that many women have, it's almost easy to be selfless, but now I needed take time pour moi. I've been up since 7am with a good hard run, working from 8:30am - 7pm and I think it's time to give myself a little lovin'...um no, not THAT kind of lovin'.
Giving a Shit is a technical term which denotes a je ne sais quoi, a certain joie de vivre but more so a flare for how we individually take care of ourselves. Mind you, these ways are vast and different and sometimes a little personal. A part of my Giving a Shit time was dedicated to calling girlfriends I hadn't spoken to in a while. I asked them what they did...
Daniella: I slather on a mask on my face and slurp an almond banana smoothie from a twisty straw (it's hard to eat otherwise). I sit in front of the tube, slip on the old classic, "His Girl Friday" and fall dreamy eyed at Cary Grant. I'm sure he'd find me sexy as I sit there with my short hair sticking up on the top of my head. Oh ya, just call me Alfalfa baby.
Kate: After a long day, I'll take shower #2. It doesn't mean I'm stinky, it just means the acoustics in there are great for a late night rendition of Stevie Wonder's Talking Book Album. I mean I don't remember all the songs, but I sure try to get through what I remember from side B. Then I'll treat myself to some 70% dark chocolate and maybe a glass of wine.
As part of my Give a Shit night, I slipped into a hot bath with bubbles to the rim and wedged in my ear phones. Laying there I bobbed my head and toes as I sang Rich Woman by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus to a muted bathroom. Slipping my toes out one by one onto my fuzzy white mat, I reached for my coconut butter with wet hands...
[CANNONBALL COCONUT OIL SHOOTS ACROSS THE BATHROOM!]
Shit, shit, shit...okay, that could have been worse...it certainly didn't end up like the Sexy Cacao Summer Rice Crispies did.
Regaining my ever so sexy klutsy composure, I picked up the coconut butter, sat on the edge of my bathtub and smoothed on the coconut oil. Who knew it could have so many uses?
Lastly, there is something about me and French films. I know it sounds a little tacky, but seriously, it's a total guilty pleasure.
This Give a Shit night has been brought to you by Coco Avant Chanel with Audrey Tautou and Melissa Ramos.Yes, I took myself on a movie date sitting on the comfort of my own couch. Then, somewhere in the back of my closet I remembered the button down shirt I stole from an ex a while ago. It hasn't nothing to do with memories, but I have a thing for wearing men's dress shirts. Pulling it out, I slipped it on, tied up my hair, threw on my glasses and I was in heaven. So while I didn't have time to make my Sweet & Salty Popcorn Love, I packed me a little bowl of broken pieces of dark chocolate, gogi berries and nuts...yum. Together I get a good antioxidant punch, plus a dose of magnesium from the chocolate which would explain why we crave chocolate during that time of the month. But more so, I get the crunchy textures, contrasting flavours and a fun little mix bowl of colours. Yep, I amuse myself with food. All in good Sexy Food Therapy fun.
When the movie ended, the white word FIN overlayed on a black screen. I sniffled and looked over to my boyfriend...my laptop.
And with deep love and adoration for him, I kindly stroked his cover and whispered...
...not tonight honey.
And fell fast asleep.
Goodnight.





2 comments:
French films are the best way to unwind! The dialogue and emotion is always so much more raw.
I fly to Rome in the morning and have been reading your entries, so excited!!
Hey Gillian, if you have ANY questions about Rome, please let me know. You're gonna love the Piazza Navona...it's to die for! Thanks for reading and have fun in Italy.
Post a Comment